In this era of digital transformation, data is the heart of most companies. Data is either a product, a byproduct, or used to enhance a company’s offering. With that reality, it’s not surprising that the growth of primary data continues unabated, but just as significantly, the volume and use of archive data continues to grow rapidly. Companies have a mean volume of 4PBs of archive data, and even more than in the past, archive data tends to be in use on a regular basis. According to a recent survey conducted by ESG, customers report that 46 percent of their total archives are active archives. According to ESG, “Rather than passive, ‘locked away’ data sets, the past few years have seen the emergence of new requirements and solutions to make archives more ‘active’ and leverageable to unlock business value.”
To help customers understand data archiving challenges, plans, strategies, and trends, ESG surveyed 150 IT professionals at organizations in North America (US and Canada) personally familiar with and/or responsible for data protection technology decisions, specifically data archiving and long-term retention strategies. StrongBox Data was proud to sponsor this research and to bring you the results.
The ESG Active Archive E-Book, The Transformational Rise of Active Archives, provides customers and partners with a guide to data archive profiles and strategy, requirements for active archive deployments, and the role of cloud archiving in today’s environment. In this blog, let’s look at the requirements that end users identified in the ESG survey as most important for their active archives:
Benefits of Active Archive with StrongLink:
- 65% – Has very high or unlimited storage scalability
- 53% – Provides contextual search capabilities
- 52% – Provides cost-efficiency
- 49% – Leverages public cloud services
- 47% – Provides a (front-end) user interface
- 46% – Must use a combination of storage technologies
These requirements are consistent with our customer conversations. If these requirements are aligned with the needs in your environment, take a look at StrongLink and the attributes that set it apart from other data management, storage management and HSM vendors:
- Vendor Neutral: StrongLink provides global control of data across all storage types and vendors, including flash, disk, tape, and cloud. This neutrality simplifies the management and user experience, plus reduces costs.
- No More Capacity Tax: Pricing is based upon needed performance, not the volume of data. Gone are the days of paying more as your data grows.
- Scale-Out without Limits: Start small and expand as needed within a single site or across multiple sites. There’s no limit to the amount of data under management by StrongLink.
The resources below are available to help you learn more about StrongLink. We’d also love the opportunity to schedule a product demo with you. Let us know how we can help.